U Černého Orla, 79 Husovo Square

Beroun Sights and Attractions
A burgher´s house, since the Middle Age called The Blak Eagle (U Černého orla) according to the inn. Significant guests used to be accommodated here, such as the royal vice-chamberlain. The house was rebuilt in the 2nd half of the 16th century. In 1935 it was reconstructed and the original arched vaulting on the ground floor was removed at the same time. Residues of the Renaissance ceilings on the first floor have been preserved. The house used to have a remarkable hexagonal roundel until 1947, which was replaced by a recess later. Address: Husovo náměstí 79, Beroun

Czech Court

Beroun Sights and Attractions
Samuel Vilém Presl of Švertsberk, the imperial village mayor and Beroun postmaster, built a stone house with an inn-keeping trade in 1720.
Distinguished guests used to be hosted in the inn, bearing the name The Czech Court since its foundation. Stays by Swedish King Gustav IV. in 1804, Austrian Emperor Francis I. in 1810 and 1820 and Russian Czar Alexander I. in 1823 are worth mentioning.
The post office operated in this house until 1845. Address: Husovo náměstí 86, Beroun

Frišmanovský House, 89 Husovo Square

Beroun Sights and Attractions
In place of the house burnt down by the Swedes in 1639, Matouš Frišman of Ehrenkron had a house built which bears his name, Frišmanovský. The Late Baroque facade dated back to adaptation of the house in the second quarter of the 18th century. The multi-storey front facade forms a shaped gable, the windows on the floor are doubled on the left axis with roof-like benches. In the middle there is a Baroque picture of the Sacred Family in a stucco frame of stripped ornamentations. On 1 November 1849, Václav Karel Řehořovský, a significant mathematician and Professor at the Technical School in Brno, was born here. Address: Husovo náměstí 89, Beroun

U Tří Korun, 90 Husovo Square

Beroun Sights and Attractions
An abandoned house was bought by the regional governor, Jan Fridrich Clanner of Engelshofen, who had it reconstructed in the Italian style in 1683 - 1684. Although it was adapted in subsequent years, the facade with its twin shaped gables dates back to 1684. It used to be called "Red" because of the red paint the newly built house sported. When the inn was established in the house at the beginning of the 18th century, the house was referred to as "At the Crowns" (U Korun), or later "At the Three Crowns", according to the house. 
In 1787 - 1791 the seat of the Regional Office of the Beroun region was located here. Address: Husovo náměstí 90, Beroun

The Pilsner Gate (Upper Gate)

Beroun Sights and Attractions
The Pilsner Gate or the Upper Gate was one of the most significant features of the municipal fortifications. The provincial road from Pilsen to Prague ran through this gate until 1842. The tower gate has a ground plan of 10,3 x 9,6 metres and with its height it replaced the municipal watch tower. The wall is 2,3 metres thick. The arched passage has a round opening that served for the transport of items and for defence. The passage was protected on the outer side by a draw bridge and portcullis. The gate was closed using a double-winged gate during the nights and using chains during the days. The tower could be entered from the south via a small portal, which is situated approx. 2,5 metres above the rampart ambit. These 2,5 metres from the ambit were ascended via a ladder. Rooms on the floors can be accessed via the original staircase within the wall. In 1890 a spiral staircase was hewn from the wall, through which the first flor is now entered. Burghers used the arched rooms to store municipal valuables and guns. The gate was damaged by fire several times. The current shape of the gate dates back to 1896. The paintings on the gate represent Chronos the God and Moira the Fairy, the work of Prague painter Vilém Preiss. since the Middle Age there has been a watchman´s flat on the top floor. This flat was occupied until 1972.
The areas within the gate are currently used by the Museum of Czech Karst.

The gate can be accessed on Wednesdays and Saturdays. In winter the gate is closed to public. Address: Plzeňská brána, Beroun