The Church of the Annunciation

Beroun Sights and Attractions Church Monuments
During the Great Plague of 1520, the councillors founded a new cemetary. Five years later, a single-nave church consecrated to the Annunciation was built here. Due to its position beyond the city gate it is called the "Zábranský" church. A wooden belfry was adjoined to the church in 1566. The Late Gothic church was rebuilt in the Baroque style in 1738-1744. The wooden belfry was removed in 1813 due to dilapidation. After the arrival of the Piarists in Beroun in 1773, church services were given here until 1870, when the left the city.
The church underwent repairs in 1875-1876 and an adjoining tower was constructed. The last renovation took place in 1994. As for the interior furnishings of the church, the main altar by the Prague carver F. Ublacker deserves attention. The Rococo style pulpit with reliefs dtes back to 1756. A charnel house, sometimes called the Plague Chapel from the 18th century, is situated in the cemetery. In front of the chapel there are tombstones from the 16th and early 17th century. Address: Plzeňská, Beroun Coordinates: 49.9613956, 14.0672844

The Chapel of the Virgin Mary of Sorrows

Beroun Sights and Attractions Church Monuments
A chapel was built in 1724 above a spring of miraculous water. In 1733 - 1786, hermits lived near the chapel. Both the chapel and the hermitage were shut down in 1787 by order of Emperor Joseph II. In 1894 - 1895, the chapel was restored and built in the Pseudo-Gothic style according to the plans by the significant architect and renovator of Karlštejn Castle, Josef Mocker.
The place was very popular by the famous Czech conductor Václav Talich, Coordinates: 49.9714897, 14.0602617

The Jewish Cemetery

Beroun Sights and Attractions Church Monuments
The Jewish Cemetery was founded in 1886. 130 tomb stones have been preserved. The cemetery was used after the Second World War as well. House No. 186, dating back to the end of the 19th century, has been preserved at the entrance. A "tahara" (a room where corpses were ritually cleaned) and the grave diggers flat used to be located in this house. 
The cemetery can be visited. Prior phone reservation is required. Address: Pod Homolkou, Beroun Coordinates: 49.9583667, 14.0469742

Na Nové, 69 Husovo Square

Beroun Sights and Attractions
A 14th century burghers´s house aslo called ""Na nové" according to a former inn. In 16th century, the house owner, Matěj Střelec, a burgomaster of Beroun, used to make firearms here and run an inn called U Střelců. Address: Husovo náměstí 69, Beroun

Town Hall

Beroun Sights and Attractions
The town hall was built on the site of two houses, parts of the Gothic cellars of which have been preserved. The old village Mayor´s residence was in one of these houses. This construction was destroyed by fire in 1544.A new town hall in the Renaissance style was built in 1560 - 1564. In the yard of the town hall there was a horse stable a chicken run, malt house, and the municipal prison. These structures were damaged by fire in 1599 and 1735. After the fire in 1735, the new town hall in the Baroque style was constructed. The town hall underwent another restoration after a fire in 1781. 
In 1867, the municipal office moved from the town hall to the Municipal House U Černého Koně and a boys´ school was situated in the building; later it housed the barracs pf the provincial defence force. 
A costly reconstruction of the old town hall was carried out in 1903. The rear section, which used to serve as a brewery, was demolished and a new building was constructed in its place. Anothe renovation of the town hall was carried out in 1998. The premises were supplemented with a glazed wing.  Address: Husovo náměstí 68, Beroun