Čertovka Race and the Water Mills

Beroun Sights and Attractions
A romantic beauty spot on an artifitial arm of the Berounka river. Originally it was built as a part of the town fortification system.
Together with the main stream of the river it creates an island, where several water mills were built in Middle Ages.
Because of the mills, the old town records also call the arm the Mill Drain. Three mills have been preserved to this day. The first written note about the mills dates back to1437. The upper island mill is still named after its owner - the Kříž Mill. The second mill was the Lower island mill, today the Zajíček Mill. 
In 1764 an opera singer Tekla Podleská-Batková and in 1775 P. Josef Antonín Seydl, the dean, historian and member of the National Revival were born here.
The third one was the Mansion Mill, a floored building that burned down on the night of the New Year´s Eve 1963.The rest of the Mansion Mill has served commercial purposes to today.

Light Fortification (Pillbox)

Beroun Sights and Attractions
A small fortress, oficially designed LO pattern 37 A-160 Z (reinforced alternative to light fortifications, pattern 1937, type A, shooting angle 160 °
The structure was part of the fortifications intended to protect Prague. It was built in 1938. Address: Václavské náměstí, Beroun

Plzeňka House of Culture

Beroun Sights and Attractions
The Classicist building of a former coaching inn dating back to the first half of the 19th century.On the first floor there is the main hall with advanced balcony on cantilevers. Most of the significant cultural and political events in the city took place in the rooms of the hall. The first communal election took place here in 1850 and in 1862 Bedřich Smetana gave a concert hre in favour of the construction of the National Theatre. After a through reconstruction which started in 2014, the Plzeňka house was ceremonially reopened on 2 September 2015. In September 2018, the Club Scene was opened, which now serves for smaller events and form meetings of the local clubs. Address: Plzeňská 83, Beroun

Talich’s Villa

Beroun Sights and Attractions
The Beroun Decoration Society, together with the Czech Tourist Club, gradually built a forested area in the woody Brdatky valley. In 1936, the significant Czech conductor Václav Talich bought the art deco villa from the builder František Drda. In 1958, the part of the valley in which the artist’s villa is situated was named Talich Valley in his honour.
The villa is not accessible to public. Address: Talichovo údolí 232, Beroun

House No. 64, Husovo square

Beroun Sights and Attractions
This building of the municipal savink bank rose on the site of the old burgher´s house in 1928. A multi-storey building with a mezzanine is built according to the plans of Prague architect Jaroslav Rossler.Josef Palouš is the creator of the sculpture decorations. In 1765 - 1888, the first public pharmacy, called the Golden Eagle (U Zlatého orla), was located in the house. At the turn of the 19th a 20th centuries it housed an "inquiry point" for tourists, cyclists and visitors to the city, the predecessor to the present information centre.
The building is currently in the ownrship of Komerční banka, a. s. Address: Husovo náměstí 64, Beroun